What is Included with a RICS Home Survey Level 1?
- A general visual inspection of the interior and exterior of the property
- Clear ‘traffic light’ ratings of the condition of different parts of the building, services, and the grounds. This highlights issues and helps you to understand the severity and varying degrees of attention required.
- A summary of risks to the building, people and grounds
- An assessment of the relative importance of the defects and problems.
What is Not Included with a RICS Home Survey Level 1?
- Tests of the building fabric or services
- Advice on repairs or ongoing maintenance
- A property valuation
View a detailed description of a RICS Home Survey Level 1
RICS Home Survey Level 1
A Level 1 RICS Home Survey is a basic inspection and report on the condition of a property. It describes each element of a property, providing an objective view of a property’s condition.
RICS Level 1 is popular, as it is the cheapest home survey option, however, it is only suitable if you’re buying or selling a new or relatively new, conventional house, flat or bungalow. If the property is made from unconventional materials, has been altered or extended or is over 5 years in age, we advise you select an alternative level.
If you are unsure if this is the best option for your requirements, please see the attached RICS ‘Helping you choose the right survey’ document, outlining the survey types, or give us a call to discuss your options.
View the details of a RICS Home Survey Level 2.
View the details of a RICS Home Survey Level 3.